Friday, April 25, 2014

photographer spotlight: garry winogrand


Apparently it's a big week for vintage photos on the blog. 

Out of all of the different types of photography (and art in general) street photography is definitely my favorite. I love being able to find beauty in everyday, mundane things and Garry Winogrand's photos do just that. Garry Winogrand grew up in the Bronx and work as a photographer throughout the 1960s and 1970s. His work depicted everyday American life mostly in New York City, but also across the country in place like California and Texas. He captured scenes of everything, from a day at the beach to peace protest to high society parties, with a sense of humor and an artistic vision. 

Garry Winogrand has been one of my favorite photographers and main inspirations ever since I began to learn about photography back in collage. I'm still trying to get my hands on a copy of his Women are Beautiful book! (They are all, like, $1,000 though!)  I'm sure I'll be posting more of his photos on the blog because there are just so many that I love.











(this is literally my favorite photo in all of photography)

photos from here


No comments:

Post a Comment